Coming back to Finca Chinchilla before I travelled home was always my plan. My experience in Costa Rica was shaped more by my family there than by anything else, and I couldn't imagine not ending my trip in their company.
I will say, however, that I ended up making things harder on myself. As I wrapped up my wandering travels, I had begun to feel a little tired of lugging my backpack around, of the same sort of conversation, of spending money, of any number of things that wear on a traveller. I had started to think "Well, when I'm home, I can..."
Coming back to the farm erased all that in an afternoon. Walking back up to my family's home, surrounded by mist and mountains, I felt a sort of sigh of relief - a homecoming. A beautiful feeling, but one that can be a little bit problematic when you have a flight booked in three weeks.
Those three weeks passed in less than a heartbeat. I woke up every morning feeling a bittersweet pressure to soak in every drop of each moment I had left, but still felt that the sun set before I could catch my breath. I'm can't let this blog go without recounting a few more of these moments...
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment